Why student empowerment and transformation are priorities:
Student learning, professional development, and success are top priorities for us at UNT, and we will ensure that all students are educated with attention to their personal development and that they are given a cutting-edge curriculum. It is important that as a minority serving institution we are dedicated to ensuring pathways to success for all students. We are dedicated to providing experiences at UNT that encourage students to be involved in campus life and the valuable educational opportunities that will increase their marketability in the global economy of the future. In addition, we will seek to challenge our students with opportunities that increase their engagement and personal growth and add value to their college experience.
We will empower and transform our students in their educational and social environments to set them up for lifelong learning success.
- Increase best practice curricular experiences for students
- Expand/develop student support services to encourage students’ sense of belonging, growth mindset, well-being, and mental health
- Expand/develop inclusion and student success practices and policies
Key Overall Collaborative Strategy:
We will collaborate to create outstanding, inclusive student experiences from admission through graduation.
- Student growth mindset beliefs increased to 55 percent
- Student engagement increased
- Internships by 10 percent
- Social-academic engagements by 2 percent
- Corporate engagements by 10 percent
- Retention increased to 86 percent
- Decrease the six-year graduation achievement gap for underrepresented minorities
- Increase median bachelor's five-year earnings to $57,300