Why people and processes are priorities:
At UNT we will become a first-choice institution for students, faculty, and staff and a best place to work. We want to be a place where people flourish. To achieve this vision and improve our reputation we will give members of our community the chance to learn and grow in an inclusive environment that will enhance their success. Thus, supporting faculty, staff, and student development is a top priority for our institution. We also need to create a culture that shows the caring nature of UNT by improving customer service so we can maximize the time and attention we spend addressing our mission. Supporting people, developing better processes, and providing a high-quality infrastructure will improve our efficiency and effectiveness.
We will attract, develop, and celebrate our campus community members to make UNT an outstanding environment in which to work and learn.
- Increase enrollment at the Denton and Frisco campuses
- Decrease time to graduation and increase and improve services and resources to aid at-risk, underrepresented, transfer, non-traditional, veteran, online and working students
- Become a best place to work by providing mentoring, training, wellness resources, and leadership development/succession planning
Key Overall Collaborative Strategy:
We will collaborate to decrease barriers and market our campus community’s accomplishments.
- Improve student pathways
- Annual enrollment increased 1 percent for undergraduates and 4 percent for graduate students
- Degrees awarded increased to 11,000
- Frisco credit hours increased 300 percent
- At-risk achievement increased to 65 percent
- Student debt limited to not exceed inflation
- Voluntary faculty/staff turnover decreased by 10 percent
- Annual giving increased to $40 million
- Gallup score increased to 4.0 and 45 percent participation