- A Growth Mindset Approach to Establishing Expectations: Ensure your messaging conveys a consistent growth mindset throughout the term.
- Growing the Growth Mindset: Best Practices for College Instructors: Learn Stanford University's tips and takeaways for mindset pedagogy.
- Meaning Makers: Cultivating Growth Mindset Environments: Uncover successful strategies for implicit and explicit mindset communications from three separate controlled studies.
- Mindset Kit: Select online lessons and practices for fostering adaptive beliefs about learning.
- MIT Teaching + Learning Lab: Growth Mindset: Model growth mindset in the classroom by employing practices recommended by MIT's Teaching + Learning Lab.
- Cultivating a Growth Mindset: Learn how a culture of growth mindset within organizations is the foundation for resilience and persistence from UNT System's Organizational Development and Engagement.
- Fostering a Growth Mindset in Higher Education: Develop an understanding of mindset and the impact it can have on students and faculty.
- Growth Mindset: Sample ideas for encouraging student success through activities that encourage a growth mindset.
- The UNT Syllabus: Access UNT Course Syllabi Requirements Policy and the DSI CLEAR Syllabus Template. The syllabus template is a development tool that provides a model for presenting with standards and procedures with growth mindset language.
- First Day Toolkit: Utilize the Student Experience Project's First Day Toolkit to revise syllabi and other communications students receive to create support systems that foster a positive student experience. Apply practical tips for developing syllabi by completing the Student Experience Project's online module.
- Measure mindset beliefs by accessing:
- Mindset Assessment from MindsetWorks
- The Mindset Survey from Positive Psychology Practitioner's Toolkit
- Learning Environments Research Brief: Read “Leveraging Mindset Science to Design Educational Environments that Nurture People's Natural Drive to Learn.”
- Growth Mindset in the Classroom: Read "Towards Fostering Growth Mindset Classrooms: Identifying Teaching Behaviors That Signal Instructors' Fixed and Growth Mindsets Beliefs to Students"
- Growth Mindset Post COVID-19 Pandemic: Read "Rethinking the Multidimensionality of Growth Mindset Amid the COVID-19 Pandemic: A Systematic Review and Framework Proposal"
- Motivation & Engagement: Read "Teachers With a Growth Mindset Are Motivated and Engaged: The Relationships Among Mindsets, Motivation, and Engagement in Teaching"
Read Mindset: The New Psychology of Success to weed out false growth mindset messaging and apply growth mindset to the culture within classrooms and groups within an organization.
Listen to The Psychology Podcast: The Latest Science of Growth Mindset with Carol Dweck to discover the effect of teacher mindset on mindset effectiveness.
Read Challenging Mindset: Why a Growth Mindset Makes a Difference in Learning and What to Do When It Doesn't to examine how mindset theory works and explore the relationship between mindset and grades.